Environmental and Social Initiatives
Our aim at Cariboo Chilcotin Jetboat Adventures is to provide all tours in a sustainable manner while enhancing the local culture and preserving the natural environment now and for the future.
In 2011 Cariboo Chilcotin Jetboat Adventures received a bronze rating through the Green Tourism Business. Members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme are committed to good environmental practices in their business activites.
Earth Friendly Initiatives…
- We recycle (plastics/glass/aluminum/paper) and compost all solid waste products.
- We use reusable dishes and silverware (lunches/overnight trips)
- We buy local /organic products whenever possible.
- We conduct garbage clean-up on the river on an ongoing basis.
- We participate in a River Guardian Program and monitor activities that take place on the land, in the canyons and on the water.
- We conduct annual california bighorn sheep lamb counts.
- We participate in sturgeon tagging and data collection programs
- We strive to support our local economy by working with local businesses and by making our purchases locally
- At CCJA we work with local First Nations Indian Bands to insure that sensitive areas are monitored and protected
- We participate in training programs for aboriginal youth in hopes of creating economic opportunities promoting eco based management philosophies
- We offer our jet boat services to Search and Rescue and RCMP in emergency situations