Salmon Fishing & BBQ
Take a scenic Jetboat ride down river to an ancient native fishing site. Learn the ancient techniques of how the Chilcotin (Tsilhqot’in) Indians dip net for Salmon and you, our guest can give it a try! Enjoy a freshly caught Wild Salmon BBQ, bannock, fresh fruits, salad and a traditional Chilcotin desert. Feel the surge of the river as the Jetboat powers it way back upstream through towering rock canyons and exciting rapids. We make a stop along the way to visit 8000 year old petroglyphs and view the abundant wildlife along the way.
- Wild fresh salmon including desert made from local berries
- Try the best bannock in the west
- Optional moderate hike to an ancient village site and along the way learn about the local plants and their food and medicinal uses.
- Participate in a hands on experience, catching a wild salmon “indian style” and eating it fresh right out of the river
- Learn to read animal tracks and observe their habits
Meet at our Fraser River boat launch under the Chilcotin Bridge on Hwy 20 ( only 15 min west of Williams Lake)
Rates: $179 per person