River & Ranch Adventure
Duration: 7 Days
Rates: Depends on Options
This package is specially designed for those seeking an extraordinary wilderness adventure and ultimate vacation experience. This6 day package includes a 3 day / 2 night jet boat trip down the historic Fraser River from Williams Lake to the Big Bar Ferry, one of the most scenic and wild sections of the Fraser and then 4 days / 3 nights of eco- and soft adventures at Echo Valley Ranch & Spa.
Canyon Lands and Bighorns – 3 Days / 2 Nights on the Fraser River
Discover B.C.’s rich heritage and majestic river scenery on the Fraser River. You will enjoy your days cruising down stream in the comfort of a deluxe riverboat, making frequent landings to view wildlife, explore the wilderness, visiting historical and geological sites. This is an all inclusive full service adventure in a natural environment. This 3-day adventure offers authentic First Nation Cultural experiences, Gold Rush history as well as a walk in the footsteps of early explorer Simon Fraser as we read from his journal. This is an adventure for everyone.
- Hands on experience with a First Nation Guide, Dip-netting (traditional style of fishing) for Sockeye and Chinook salmon. We will enjoy a feast of traditional foods.
- The guide will offer guests a Sturgeon fishing demonstration.
- All meals are prepared and presented by a professional chef; we feel that food is a big part of fulfilling a successful vacation. Not only are our guests well fed, but also the food is interesting and delicious. In some cases we will gather wild food from the land with our guests, accompanied with our Native Guide.
- Travel through the heart of the Fraser River wilderness aboard a riverboat with experienced pilot and guide.
- Shuttle from our meeting spot in Williams Lake at 9:00 on Day 1 (must be prearranged) at The Coast Fraser Inn, shipment of extra luggage to Echo Valley Ranch & Spa.
- Safety Equipment, all meals and refreshments (such as Fresh fruit, veggies, granola bars, bottled water, juice and soft drinks throughout the day and between meals) will be provided while on the river, during the Jetboat portion. Tents will also be provided. Additional camping equipment, sleeping bag and thermo rest may be rented. To guarantee these options please request or discuss them at the time of booking your initial reservation.
4 Days / 3 Nights at Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
Echo Valley offers guests the chance to refresh both body and soul in our magical wilderness paradise. Through invigorating adventures, such as horseback riding, hiking and fly fishing, relaxing activities or cleansing Thai spa treatments, guests can achieve peace of mind while restoring their passion for life.
Set amidst four distinct geographic regions, called biomes, Echo Valley offers an exceptional range of eco and soft adventures. Explore countless trails designated for horseback riding and hiking. Fly fish at nearby lakes, pan for gold or go flight-seeing over mountain glaciers or sight-seeing in a 4X4 down into the mighty Fraser Canyon. Round out the day with pampering and rejuvenating spa treatments that include a full range of Western as well as Asian spa therapies. These include our signature Thai massage, herbal aromatherapy massages, facials, body wraps, steam baths, hydrotherapy, pedicures and manicures.
- First-class accommodations are provided in both guest lodges and cabins, and guests dine in a family setting with meals created by our Master Chef.
- The Exceptional Experience at Echo Valley includes accommodation, all meals and use of all ranch amenities. Activities are optional extras, offered so you can customize and enrich your stay as an experience to remember.
- Echo Valley will be ready to transfer you from the Big Bar Ferry to the ranch.
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Dove Lodge or Lookout Lodge. Cabins are available at an additional charge of CDN $50 per night (not per person). All accommodations are rated 4.5-stars by Canada Select Properties
- All meals prepared by our Master Chef in an open kitchen, with a focus on good nutrition and healthy food. Special diets are accommodated. The ranch is licensed to serve a variety of local and imported beers and wine
- Use of ranch facilities: Large outdoor hot tub, sauna, indoor heated swimming pool, fitness centre, large games room with pool table, shuffleboard, darts and board games, Karaoke and wide plasma screen video/satellite TV
- Ruesri dat ton lessons: An easy-to-learn, gentle Thai stretching class, based on ancient Thai practices and new in North America. Lessons offered every morning; suitable for all age groups and abilities
- Cooking and nutrition tips: Master Chef Kim Madsen is available throughout the day with useful advice concerning cooking, special diets and nutrition
- Ranch around: Help with the ranch animals, enjoy roping and horse training demonstrations; practise ‘horse shoes’ and challenge the champs
- Wireless Internet access
- Unguided walks/hikes are numerous and range from easy nature trails to difficult walks as well as three-hour mapped hikes
- Planned evening entertainment includes Thai Night (Thursday) featuring authentic Thai food and traditional Thai dancing. Also, during June, July, August and September, Native drumming (Tuesday), a Cowboy Cookout (Friday)
- Falcons in flight: Watch our falcons being trained.
- To guarantee optional activities, we recommend bookings be made at the time of your initial reservation. Please discuss your preferences with our program coordinator.
- Horseback Riding Lessons $ 40 per hour
- Guided Morning/afternoon horseback rides $ 70 per ride
- Guided all day Horseback Rides $ 160 per ride
- Guided Hikes: $ 60 per hike
- 4×4 Safari Tour: $ 90
- Gold Panning trip with 4×4 Safari $ 135
- Bird Watching Safari $ 75
- Fly-Fishing Lessons $ 15
- Fly – Fishing Excursions $ 70
- Spa Treatments – Many treatments from which to choose