Gold Rush Explorer
On this tour guests will learn about the 1858 Fraser River Gold Rush. Our Jetboat will carry us up river toward the old town of Soda Creek where paddle wheelers once carried miners destined for the gold fields of Barkerville. We’ll try our hand at gold panning as we make stops at old mining cabins along the river. On this tour we will look for gems and do some rock-hounding and gold panning. Breath taking scenery, whirl pools and rapids are always part of the Fraser River experience. A healthy Riverside lunch such as sandwiches, salads, fresh fruits and vegetables, water, beverages and desserts are included on this trip.
- Gold panning and exploring on the Fraser River
- View old mining cabins left over from the Gold Rush
- Riverside Buffet Lunch and dessert
- Stop at Russian Island and explore the old gold mine
- Navigate through the famous Soda Creek Canyon and hear stories about the paddle wheelers and gold miners that once plied these waters
Meet at our Fraser River boat launch under the Chilcotin Bridge on Hwy 20 (only 15 min west of Williams Lake)